The Free Cuppa for the Driver scheme is an incentive program to combat driver fatigue. Driver fatigue is one of the 3 big killers on NSW roads.
The Free Cuppa for the Driver scheme encourages drivers to stop and take a break at participating businesses while travelling in Western and South Western NSW.
Local participating businesses in the scheme donate a free tea or coffee to a driver that has driven 100 kilometres from their home postcode as indicated on their current driver’s licence.
Each participating business is identified by the Free Cuppa for the Driver logo on the front door or window of the business
HOW IT WORKS
- Local Businesses that sell tea or coffee are invited to register their participation in the scheme.
- The Local Government Road Safety Program in NSW market and administer the scheme.
- Businesses provide the free cuppas.
- Visiting drivers who have travelled at least 100 kms are eligible for a free cuppa by showing their driver’s licence at any local participating business.
- Participants are encouraged to enter a prize-draw by answering a driver fatigue question in-store.
- Businesses are invited to provide their feedback about their experience at the end of the scheme.